There are several programming languages for Data Science out in the market. Here are a few of them:
- It is the most popular language for Data Science
- It is an open source language.
- Its IDE is also open sourced.
- It has an excellent set of libraries.
- It only has some issues with scalability.
- It is equally as popular as R.
- It can severe a variety of purposes other than Data Science, such as developing Web applications.
- It has a good set of libraries, packages, and tools built around it.
- It is better than R from Scalability point of view.
There are other languages such as SAS, SPSS, MatLab, etc., but the only problem with using these packages is that they are not open sourced.
Apart from learning these languages, you also need to be a domain expert and a better presenter.
A domain knowledge expert is needed to understand what the data communicates. This knowledge is something which you can only build through gaining experience over a period of time.
You should have the ability to visualize data and present it in such a manner that even a layman can understand it.